Saturday 14 July 2007

Primed and ready go to!

Well, this is it! In nearly 12 hours time we will be registering and warming up for the 2007 Race for Life.

Marian and I prepared ourselves for this epic occasion by wandering round Mountsfield Park at Lewisham People's Day where we listened to an accordion player tinkle some tunes, drank hot chocolate, tried to work out whether a passing gentleman's mad hair was in fact his own, got a henna tattoo each (sorry Maz, I smudged yours a tad x), won a tiger from the St Christopher's Hospice stall AND won a jar of hand cream, some neon wrist band thingies, a bottle of lager, a mind bending puzzle and a bag of Bertie Bassetts! We also found time to hook a duck and each won a teddy AND we even popped into the PCT tent to find Shirley, Janice, Patsy and Kelly working the crowds. We managed to avoid being roped in to help as we have done in previous years. I think it was in 2005 when Marian ended up taking blood pressures and I walked round with a man dressed as a carrot. Don't ask. Sally prepared herself by visiting her parents with her chief supporter Petang and Lynn went shopping with husband Tony.

I'd like to take this opportunity to personally thank ALL of our supporters and all those who have sponsored us - we all appreciate it very much.....in particular I'd like to thank my wonderful dad Richard for all the running around he's been doing and will do tomorrow (hats, ribbons, water and chauffeur) and Gwen for all that she's done for me in keeping me sane!

I'd also like to thank my lovely girlies for just being them: the fab Sally-Ann-Edwards, the lovely Mazza and the amazing Lynn for being such stars and such good friends.

Bring it on!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes undoubtedly, in some moments I can reveal that I agree with you, but you may be in the light of other options.
to the article there is quiet a question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this beg www.google.com/ie?as_q=windows xp service pack 3 build 5512 rtm ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you use the dreary methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg