Saturday 12 May 2007

Saturday Night's......

.....alright for exercising. Dear me. Have just tried a few exercises that Sally and Lynn and I used to do at the Lions Centre whilst Victor (our personal trainer....ooh, get me) wittered on about Liverpool being fab and Millwall.....not. This was a mistake. Especially after just eating a cherry Mueller Fruit Corner.

I attempted The Plank. You lie face down on the floor before raising your upper body up onto your forearms. You then raise the rest of your body onto your toes and thus you balance on forearms and tippy toes. It tones your whole body and your whole body clenches. And eventually shakes with the effort of not flopping to the floor. At the Lions Centre, I managed 70 seconds in this supine position. Tonight I barely made it through one of Chandler's (I was watching Friends at the time) one liners. This doesn't bode well. I then moved onto the stomach crunches. I managed eleven and now have a stupendous ache in my neck and left shoulder. Something tells me I did it wrong. Sally has just texted me - she's got a neck ache too.......half of Team ______? are carrying injuries!

More on-line sponsorship from Alice, Julie and Dawn - thank you ladies!

Written by Jo

No comments: