Tuesday 8 May 2007

Where's the sun gone?

A weekend of shivers and comfort eating (carb loading by any other name) for me. I did, however, walk lots and lots. Firstly on the beach with mad Labrador and secondly, with eyes open wide as I perused the shops in Hastings and avoided French students intent on rampaging around the twee little gift shops asking “Allo, how much is thees please?” whilst holding aloft twee little seaside mementoes (lurid dolphins, plastic shells and “witty” postcards).

Sally returned to the bosom of her family for the weekend, Marian attended a family barbecue (with alcohol, so essential to our training regime) and advised me that Nunhead cemetery is 1.4 miles all the way round. Poor Monty was exhausted! Lynn “pottered at home” and is still undecided about buying one of those sweat-suit space suit things that you wear whenever you exercise.

More on-line sponsorship and many thanks to Chrissy, Sue H and Jenny and Chris (I could make cheap comment about Charlton’s relegation here but I won’t – I know how you feel!)

Have now got a dilemma to discuss with my team mates – as we’re so very near our target of £400 do we a) leave the target as it is and see how much we exceed it or b) up the target to £500? Decisions, decisions!

Written by Jo

No comments: